Monday, September 7, 2009

Little Red School House

Ok, I have to say I have been gone a few days. I went out of town, but I got lots of great blog pictures! This is once again at Three Rivers. This old school house is just behind the old trading post/bar. It used to accomodate the children from the ranchers in the area. At one point in the 1970's a couple of guys thought it would be a good idea to haul the trunk of a mature (dead) cottonwood into the building. It is still there. So in the small one room of the schoolhouse you walk around the massive tree... It sold recently, I have no idea of the current owners plans. I will do some research and see what I can find out about the history.
Luckily, the building itself is not in bad shape and has been painted over the years. I think it is so cute. Long gone are the days of the one room school.

This building sits behind the old school house and if you look closely, it says Jail with an arrow on the left, and Church with and arrow on the right. Who knows what it was originally.

No comments:

Post a Comment