Saturday, November 7, 2009

Adobe Memories


This small adobe shed/house is slated for demolition.  I did this photo in sepia because it seemed to call for it.  The structure is from the past and you can almost feel the ghosts around it.  It is hard for me to keep up with all of the changes in the town even since I started this blog.  There is much of the past that disappears daily.  The old rock wall around the Catholic Cemetery was torn down a couple of months ago and this past week the old town Christmas tree on Tenth street was cut down. 

This is a close up of the old adobe bricks which have more than stood the test of time blistered by the sun!


Update -11-9-09-  I drove by yesterday and the lot had been cleared.  I got these in the nick of time.

1 comment:

  1. what a shame this town tears everything down instead of revitalizing it. Before long there will be no more old structures only memories.

    ReplyDelete