Wednesday, July 7, 2010

U.S. Post Office Lincoln, N. M.

I am sure I have different things that interest me, as I said yesterday.  I am loving this old post office.
It seems tangible items are becoming a thing of memory, letters, photos, all now are ephemera.  Not so a generation ago.

I love seeing these still in use.
The brass door emblazoned with eagles have watched many decades come and go.  Lincoln is a snapshot of a different era.  A lazy Sunday easily transports you back, where the only ambient noise is the faint buzzing of insects.

1 comment:

  1. visited in June when I took the MIL & FIL out there... the post office is one of my favorite stops! And walking around the General Store taking black and whites...it's almost as if time reversed when you look at them...

    ReplyDelete