Friday, January 1, 2010

New Mexico Float Rose Parade


I found this photo of the New Mexico float from last year.  We should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque!!
Today is the Tournament of Roses parade.  Watching it is our new years tradition.  New Mexico has done well the past few years since they have entered and this year was no different.  I am very proud of our state and the floats that we enter.  I am enclosing a link to the New Mexico website with the current and past floats. http://www.newmexico.org/roseparade/index.php  I never fully appreciated the effort that goes into the floats and that ALL of the colors are natural seeds and flowers.  The floats cannot be created ahead of time because the colors and flowers fade and die.  Is everyone ready for a new decade?   I remember my second grade teacher having us figure out how old we would be in the year 2000.  We were astonished to think we would be that OLD!   Guess what?  We have 10 more years under our belts now!

This one was from two years ago.  Not taken by me.  I love watching the creativity and hope next year they do Carlesbad Caverns...

No comments:

Post a Comment